Moving into an apartment complex in Phoenix seems like it will always be stressful, no matter where you are coming from. However, there are some things you can do to avoid the stress and get through the move, so you can start relaxing and enjoying that new apartment sooner rather than later.
At Low Budget Movers, we’ve helped 100s of people move into apartments, and we’ve learned a thing or two along the way. Here are some of our best tips for a stress-free move that we think will come in handy.
- Measure Everything. Moving into an apartment complex typically means utilizing stairs, elevators, and going around corners. No matter how hard you push, sometimes that couch will just be too big. Make sure to measure your large items – like furniture – ahead of time. If it won’t fit, you may need to find something smaller. If you’re moving into a first floor apartment, consider using windows, as well. Sometimes moving a couch through a window is easier than navigating through turns in hallways. Most complexes have maps of their layouts available.
- Bring Essentials. If you’re planning on a move, make sure to bring along what you’ll need that very first day. There’s nothing worse than running to the bathroom, only to find you haven’t unpacked the toilet paper. Other great things to have on hand are cleaning supplies and snacks.
- Use Office Hours. Moving during the apartment complex’s office hours is always a great idea. If a problem comes up or you have any questions, someone will be around to lend a helping hand. If you move at night or early in the morning, you might find yourself waiting until someone can show up. You might also anger your new neighbors who are trying to sleep.
- Plan Ahead. Some complexes will let you move in a day or two early, if you get prior authorization. This is the perfect setup for someone who has to be out of their current place on a deadline. No need to stress about tight deadlines—move at your own leisure and take some extra breaks. If an unexpected problem arises, you’ll have more time to solve it.
- Setup Utilities. Try to get your utilities, insurance, etc., set up a week or two in advance. Some utility companies are backlogged with work, which could mean going without power in your new apartment for several days. If you plan ahead of time, everything will be ready exactly when you are.
- Set An Appointment. For most apartment complexes, there are always people moving in and out, which can be hectic. You don’t want to wait twenty minutes just to use the elevator. If you schedule a time to move with the complex, you will be guaranteed a slot to move without others getting in the way. This advice goes doubly if you are moving at the end or beginning of the month, like most people.
- Hire Movers. Everyone knows that moving can be stressful, no matter how much you plan and prepare. Especially when moving into an apartment complex, which can often be crowded and busy. One of the best ways to avoid the brunt of that stress is to hire movers, such as Low Budget Movers. Depending on what you want, they can even pack up your belongings. No heavy lifting, no sweating, no worries. It can all be taken care of for you.