Moving from Phoenix to San Jose
So, you’re moving to the heart of Silicon Valley? You’ve decided to move from Phoenix to San Jose – or at least you’ve contemplated doing it. Why wouldn’t you? San Jose, CA is one of the most popular cities in the state. The city has nearly 300 days a year of sunshine, just about any food you can think of, and a wealth of things to do.
It’s a great place to live, start a business, find a career path, or get an education. Surprisingly, even with a population of 1.9 million, San Jose has somehow been able to pull off a small-town vibe.
Low Budget Movers has assisted many first-time homeowners, young adults, entrepreneurs, and families move from Phoenix to San Jose. In fact, we’ve helped so many of our customers make this move, that we’ve become quite experts on the town. To equip you with the information you need before your move, we’ve prepared this guide for you.
The History & Culture of San Jose, CA
Did you know that San Jose was once known as El Pueblo de San Jose de Guadalupe? It was founded on November 29, 1777, and was the first civilian settlement in California. It is also the site of the first state capital. Taking advantage of the 1990s’ technology boom, San Jose’s Tech industry helped them coin the name “Capital of Silicon Valley.”
San Jose remains one of the most diverse cities in the state of California. You’ll find a lot of that diversity in the culture. Residents get to experience a variety of cultures, giving them the opportunity to experience new activities, cuisine, and art. North of downtown’s Japantown, for instance, is all Asian themed with performing arts, Japanese music, and even a Buddhist Church. Little Saigon, on the other hand, has more of a Vietnamese feel to it.
Best Neighborhoods in San Jose, CA
While a city may have a general vibe, each section or neighborhood always has a distinctive character. Plus, where you live in San Jose, CA will decide your accessibility to job, education, dining, and entertainment options. Here is a glimpse at some of San Jose’s best neighborhoods:
This charming “small-town” neighborhood is located just south of downtown San Jose. A commuter-friendly location, Willow Glen is a great place for those who wish to take public transportation. The tree-lined streets are filled with homes of varying architectural styles, including Spanish Stuccos, Victorians, and Craftsman bungalows inspired by the 1920s and 30s.
If you’re in the market for million-dollar mansions or lots of square footage, Silver Creek would catch your eye. Tucked away on hillsides just southeast of center city, the town is packed with Tuscan style homes free from the hustle and bustle of city life.
In this neighborhood, you’ll find beautiful cottages in walking distance to downtown. There you’ll find some of the best cafes and antique shops. A popular attraction for bikers and the outdoorsy type, Los Gatos is home to Vasona Lake County Park. Plenty of outdoor activities includes paddle boats and rowboats as well as a great trail for bike riding, jogging, or hiking.
Get to Know San Jose, CA
If you’re going to moving from Phoenix to San Jose, it’s best to make sure you’re well-informed. While you probably won’t learn it all in a day, knowing some of the key contacts and places of interest can go a long way. We’ve thrown together a few resources to help you out:
- City of San Jose Website – When all else fails, head to the official city website. The site provides you with links for everything from setting up utilities to starting a business in San Jose, CA.
- San Jose Unified District – If you have younger children, you’ll need to register them for school. Find out what you’ll need before you move from Phoenix to San Jose. Check if you’ll need certain important documents from your child’s previous school.
- 31 Things You Need to Know About San Jose Before You Move There – From signature dishes to favorite sports teams, you’ll find everything you need to know about the San Jose locals.
- State of California DMV – Once you’ve moved from Phoenix to San Jose, you’re going to need to change your address and register your vehicles. This website provides information on what is needed and directions to the nearest DMV in San Jose.
Let Low Budget Movers Assist You with Your Move from Phoenix to San Jose
There’s no denying that San Jose is a great city to live in. It’s home to more than a million residents and continues to attract thousands there every year. So, you’ve done enough research and believe that San Jose could be a great option for you to call home? Give Low Budget Movers a call at (602) 466-1293 for your free moving quote. We will safely transport your belongings from Phoenix to your new home in San Jose.
As a long distance moving company in Phoenix, we are happy to relocate you to any city in the United States. Below are a few examples of some of the top cities we move clients to.
- Moving From Phoenix to Atlanta, GA
- Moving From Phoenix to Austin, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Boston, MA
- Moving From Phoenix to Charlotte, NC
- Moving From Phoenix to Chicago, IL
- Moving From Phoenix to Dallas, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Denver, CO
- Moving From Phoenix to Houston, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Los Angeles, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to New York, NY
- Moving From Phoenix to Sacramento, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Diego, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Francisco, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Jose, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to Seattle, WA