Moving From Phoenix to Seattle, WA - Tips From Long Distance Movers
Planning for any move is stressful, but a family must plan carefully to pull together a move from Phoenix to Seattle, WA or vice versa. The move itself takes longer. It’s a 1,400+ mile trip, traversing desert and mountains. The trip is scenic, but takes about 22 hours driving time.
Think About the Logistics
Start planning the moment you get that new job or promotion or decide to move back to the Pacific Northwest. Here are some planning questions:
- How much will it cost?
- Should I let the moving company pack our belongings?
- How soon should I call the moving company?
- How do we coordinate getting to our new home or apartment at the same time as the movers?
Let’s talk about some of the practical tasks that you’ll be doing over the coming weeks. Find a new house or apartment. Decide what furniture to move to Seattle and what to donate. Organize records and do notifications.
Housing in Seattle
Seattle’s home prices have been steadily rising over the past two years. According to Realtor.com, the median listing price is $679,000, and the median closing price is $727,000. Average per square foot price is $418.
Phoenix residents moving to Seattle will face difficult housing decisions:
- Smaller with shorter commute.
- More spacious and longer commute.
- Choosing an area for well-rated schools.
Seattle’s climate is classified as a warm-summer Mediterranean climate. Residents love the warm, mostly dry summers. Winters are cool and wet, with half of the annual rainfall coming in November, December and January. Given its location adjacent to the Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean, it is the cloudiest metro area in the United States.
Population and Major Industries
The metro area (Seattle, Tacoma and Bellevue) boasts a population of just over 3.7 million. Located on the Puget Sound, new residents are surprised that they might commute to work or go exploring by ferry.
Metro Seattle is home to Google, Boeing and Amazon. Manufacturing, healthcare, retail and professional services account for 46 percent of employment.
Reasons to Select Low Budget Movers
Licensed and Insured. Low Budget Movers never uses sub-contractors. We hire and train our employees, and they are covered by our insurance and workers' compensation. We are fully licensed for long-distance interstates moves such as from Phoenix to Seattle and vice versa.
- Up Front Pricing. Low Budget Movers founder and owner, Brian Meyers, takes every phone call for a quote. He’s had years of moving experience. There are no hidden fees. Low Budget Movers doesn’t require a deposit. You pay at your destination when you are 100 percent satisfied.
- Oversized Furniture – Not a Problem. Every truck carries tools so that large furniture can be disassembled and put on the truck and reassembled in your new home. We also move pianos and heavy wood chests and armoires.
- We Offer Packing Services. If you’re trying to coordinate your last days at work, you’re probably going to be overwhelmed when you think about packing your belongings. Low Budget Movers will pack your belongings for you. We provide the boxes, tape and Bubble Wrap plus label every box. It’s more affordable than you think.
- Full Replacement Coverage. Experience counts – we’ve moved over 20,000 households. Should the unthinkable happen, we offer full replacement coverage.
Call Now to Schedule Your Move to Seattle
It’s best to call as soon as you know your moving date. Call us at (480) 508-9968 or use our convenient online quote form. A long-distance move requires more time on the road. Lock in your date.
Low Budget Movers confirms your move with a phone call the day before and with a phone call when we’re on our way.
As a long distance moving company in Phoenix, we are happy to relocate you to any city in the United States. Below are a few examples of some of the top cities we move clients to.
- Moving From Phoenix to Atlanta, GA
- Moving From Phoenix to Austin, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Boston, MA
- Moving From Phoenix to Charlotte, NC
- Moving From Phoenix to Chicago, IL
- Moving From Phoenix to Dallas, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Denver, CO
- Moving From Phoenix to Houston, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Los Angeles, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to New York, NY
- Moving From Phoenix to Sacramento, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Diego, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Francisco, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Jose, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to Seattle, WA