Moving From Phoenix to Charlotte - Tips From Long Distance Movers
Whether you’ve gotten a promotion or are changing careers, a move is both exciting and nerve-wracking. Whether you’re moving from Phoenix to Charlotte, NC or moving from Charlotte to Phoenix, be prepared for some climate and cultural changes.
Housing. Charlotte is ranked the fourth “hottest” real estate market in 2018 so buyers and renters should expect tight inventories and higher prices. The Metro Charlotte area is home to about 2.4 million people. According to Realtor.com, the median listing price for Charlotte is $289,000, and the median closing price is $248,000. Phoenix median house prices are about $20K less so moving between these two cities should be relatively painless.
Industry and Culture
Settled before the Revolutionary War, Charlotte, known as the Queen City, has a rich history developing from a strong agricultural culture (including tobacco) to being a major banking center in the U.S. Charlotte is the headquarters city for more banks than any other city except New York City. It is headquarters to Lowes and steel make, Nucor. Employment opportunities are diverse including finance and insurance, healthcare, retail, manufacturing and hospitality.
Just west of Charlotte is Lake Wylie where water sports offer boating, skiing, jet skiing and fishing. Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers (NFL) and Charlotte Hornets (NBA) as well as NASCAR racing. Charlotte also hosts the Wells Fargo Golf Tournament annually.
Local cuisine always includes barbecue and fried chicken. Don’t let this fool you as you’ll find fine dining too along with Mexican and Asian cuisine.
Planning for Your Move
Phoenix is just under 2,100 miles from Charlotte, NC. Be sure to call Low Budget Movers as soon as you know you’re moving. Long distance moves add time and distance for our trucks to be on the road. Reserve early to ensure a hassle-free move.
You’ll have to schedule your utilities before moving. Don’t forget things like transferring prescriptions and medical records.
Here are some other tips:
- Donate or throw away anything you don’t want to take with you.
- If you’re moving into an apartment complex with elevators, be sure to book elevators and make arrangements for our trucks to be parked in their lot.
- Send out a change of address forms for banking, 401(k) and other critical financial and insurance providers.
- Alert your auto and home insurers that you are moving.
- Get your children’s vaccination records and take with you (not packed in a box). You won’t be able to enroll your children in their new schools. Carry birth certificates and marriage records on your person too so that you can obtain your new driver’s license.
- Cancel pest control, lawn maintenance, home security and other local services.
- Have enough cash on hand for the road trip if you’re driving your cars cross county.
- Buy a cashier’s check to pay the mover when the move is complete.
Why Select Low Budget Movers for your Move
A long-distance move is far more stressful than moving to another city with your state. It requires a mover with interstate moving experience. Here are some factors to consider:
Trustworthiness. Low Budget Movers quotes you the exact price, and there are no hidden fees.
Set timelines with no surprises. We provide every client a time schedule. We work with your schedule to plan the least disruption for your family.
Licensed and Insured. Low Budget Movers is licensed and insured for interstate moves.
We utilize our own employees, not sub-contractors. No sub-contractor will handle your belongings.
Free Estimates Are a Phone Call Away
Call (480) 526-5865 or fill out our online form for a free quote. Moving is never easy. Low Budget Movers take the stress out of your long-distance move.
As a long distance moving company in Phoenix, we are happy to relocate you to any city in the United States. Below are a few examples of some of the top cities we move clients to.
- Moving From Phoenix to Atlanta, GA
- Moving From Phoenix to Austin, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Boston, MA
- Moving From Phoenix to Charlotte, NC
- Moving From Phoenix to Chicago, IL
- Moving From Phoenix to Dallas, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Denver, CO
- Moving From Phoenix to Houston, TX
- Moving From Phoenix to Los Angeles, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to New York, NY
- Moving From Phoenix to Sacramento, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Diego, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Francisco, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to San Jose, CA
- Moving From Phoenix to Seattle, WA